Ausangate Trek 3 days
Ausangate Trek 3 Days is designed for experienced hikers with limited time. During this trek, you’ll embark on full-day hikes, traverse three mountain passes, encounter numerous alpacas and llamas, and journey through ever-changing landscapes, ranging from snow-covered peaks to vibrant red desert mountains and marshy plains. The ultimate highlight is your arrival at Rainbow Mountain, nestled deep within the Andes. This awe-inspiring mountain, resembling a rainbow, is truly breathtaking and will leave you utterly amazed.
Ausangate trek 3 days hightlighs
The 3-Day Ausangate Hike presents a diverse range of wildlife encounters, featuring majestic condors, graceful alpacas, soaring condors, elusive viscachas, Andean geese, regal vicuñas, bobcats, and even the occasional puma. Our carefully chosen campsites offer breathtaking views of Ausangate from various perspectives, and on the first day, you’ll have the opportunity to relax in natural hot springs. The highlight of the trek is undoubtedly the iconic Rainbow Mountains in the Vinicunca region – a sight that will undoubtedly leave you in awe and is perhaps the most incredible attraction to behold in Peru!
Why book the Ausangate trek 3 days with us?
- Cozy Cabins and Shelters: Your nights will be spent in comfortable cabins and shelters, providing a cozy retreat amidst the wilderness.
- Altitude Acclimatization: Our itinerary includes a gradual ascent, allowing you to acclimatize to the altitude before embarking on the challenging hike.
- Group Discounts: We offer fantastic group discounts, making this adventure more affordable for you and your companions.
- Light Packing: Say goodbye to heavy backpacks! Horses will carry all the necessary equipment and supplies, so you can travel light and focus on the journey.
- Exclusive Experience: Unlike other companies, we don’t mix our Ausangate trek groups with others. Your experience will be intimate and personal.
- Small Groups: Our treks are limited to small groups of 2 to 8 people maximum. This ensures a more personalized and attentive experience, setting us apart from larger tour operators.
- Local and Licensed: Sap Adventures is a proud 100% locally owned travel company and a fully licensed Ausangate operator. Your adventure supports local communities.
- Expert Guides: Our tour guides are passionate about Ausangate and continually update their skills through professional development. They are eager to share the wonders of the Ausangate trek with you.
Quick view of the activity
USD70.00 per person
Book now and complete the balance upon arrival in Cusco.
Ausangate Trek 3 Days Itinerary
Day 1- Cusco – Tinqui – Upis.
We will depart from Cusco at 05:00 am sharp on board our private van, a comfortable three-hour drive to reach the Upis Pampa trailhead. Along the way, we will pass by the picturesque district of Urcos until we reach Tinqui Ocongate. Our hike will commence at the village of Quinsapucyu, where we will be treated to breathtaking views of Mount Ausangate and the local farmers in their traditional costumes. We will relish in a sumptuous lunch upon arrival at Upis, before retiring for the evening in the cozy cabins. Afterward, we have the option to take a relaxing dip in the nearby hot springs or a two-hour round trip hike to the sublime Upis Lake.
- Hiking Distance: 7km/ 4,5 mls.
- Duration: 3-4 hours.
- Elevation: 4,220 m/ 13,840 Ft.
- Difficulty: moderate.
- Campsite Elevation: 4,320 m/ 14,100 Ft.
- Accommodation: Cabins.
Day 2- Upis – Puca Cocha – Ananta
We are pleased to inform you that you will be provided with a cup of coca tea or coffee to awaken you at 5 am, delivered directly to your cabin. In addition, we will be serving a delicious breakfast to fuel you for the day ahead. We will begin with a hike up to Arapa Pass, located at an elevation of 4989 masl (16567 feet), where you will be treated to a breathtaking view of the colorful mountains. During the hike, our English speaking guide will provide insightful commentary on the flora, fauna and landscape, and we may even have the opportunity to see condor, chinchillas, and vicuñas, if we are lucky.
As we proceed, we will observe Llamas and alpacas, and keep left to marvel at the Ausangate snow-capped peak. After reaching Puca Cocha, we will break for a lunch before moving on to the Pucacocha pass, which provides a gorgeous view of the Ausangate mountain and its three lakes below. Our campsite for the night will be Ananta, where you will be accommodated in our comfortable mountain huts. We will have tents available for a quick nap and to change, as well as dinner prepared by our skilled chef.
- Hiking Distance: 14 km/ 8,68 mls.
- hiking hour: 7-8 hours.
- Trailhead Elevation: 4,400 m/ 14,430 Ft.
- Difficulty: Difficult.
- Campsite Elevation: 4,700 m/ 15,400 Ft.
- Accommodation: Mountain Huts.
Day 3- Ananta – Rainbow Mountain – Qesuno – Cusco
Good morning! We are excited for your upcoming adventure today. At 03:45 am, we will kindly offer coca tea delivered straight to your tent to start your day. We will then begin our trek with an uphill climb to the Ananta pass, standing impressively at 15,090ft-4500m-14,000ft. From this point, you will be able to spot Rainbow Mountain in the distance, leading us to continue our journey of hiking Peruvian flatlands and experiencing breathtaking views.
Upon reaching the peak, you will be rewarded with a 360-degree view of the surrounding landscapes, allowing time to soak in the picturesque vista and appreciate all that this place has to offer. After visiting the Rainbow Mountain, we have the option to venture to the red Valley for even more exploration. We will hike approximately 1 hour downhill to the bus station, where we will bid our horseman farewell. Finally, we will drive for 3 hours and safely drop you off at your hotel at around 5 pm.
- Hiking Distance: 13km/ 8,078 mls.
- hiking hour: 5-6 hours.
- Difficulty: Difficult.
Asangate Trek 2 Days Video
Here you have our complete video of Ausangate Trek, with unpublished images!
Check Availability and Book
MOST AFFORDABLE PRICE
Do Ausangate Trek 3 Days
with the best agency in Cusco