Machu Picchu and Sacred Valley tour - 2 Days
Quick view of the activity
Our exclusive Machu Picchu & Sacred Valley tour 2-Day merges our Comprehensive Sacred Valley Day Tour with a scenic train journey to Machu Picchu. You will be transported in a private van, providing you with the advantage of early admission to this renowned archaeological marvel. Upon reaching Aguas Calientes town, you will complete the check-in process at your cozy hotel. The following morning, you’ll rise at sunrise to explore the historic Machu Picchu site.
Machu Picchu Highlights:
- Ancient Inca Citadel: Explore the awe-inspiring ruins of Machu Picchu, one of the most famous archaeological sites in the world. This Inca citadel offers a window into the past and is a testament to the Inca’s advanced engineering and architectural skills.
- Historical Significance: Learn about the history, culture, and mysteries of Machu Picchu with expert guides who provide insights into its construction and purpose.
- Sun Gate Hike: Embark on a hike to the Sun Gate (Inti Punku), a vantage point that offers breathtaking panoramic views of Machu Picchu and the surrounding mountains.
- Cultural Immersion: Discover the rich heritage of the Inca civilization and its enduring influence on the Andean region.
- Scenic Train Ride: Enjoy a scenic train journey to and from Machu Picchu, passing through picturesque landscapes of the Sacred Valley.
Sacred Valley Highlights:
- Pisac: The Pisac market and ruins are not to be missed. Explore the lively fair of handicrafts and local products, and visit the Inca ruins on the hill, with their impressive agricultural terraces and panoramic views.
- Ollantaytambo: This lively Inca town will transport you back in time with its stone streets and well-preserved Inca ruins. The Ollantaytambo fortress is an archaeological wonder.
- Chinchero: Known for its textiles, in Chinchero you can watch the traditional weaving process and buy high quality textiles. The town also houses a picturesque colonial church.
- Moray: Visit the archaeological site of Moray, famous for its circular terraces used by the Incas for agriculture. It is an impressive example of Inca agricultural engineering.
- Salinas de Maras: Explore the ancient salt mines of Maras, where salt has been produced since pre-Inca times. The evaporation ponds create a visually stunning landscape.
- Hiking and trekking: The Sacred Valley offers a number of hiking trails, including treks to the ruins of Pisac, Ollantaytambo and other historic sites.
- Peruvian cuisine: Enjoy delicious Peruvian food at local restaurants and explore regional flavors, such as cuy (Indian rabbit) and pachamanca (a dish cooked underground).
- Living culture: Experience the life and culture of the communities that inhabit the Sacred Valley. You can visit local markets and learn about Andean traditions.
USD440.00 per person
Book now and complete the balance upon arrival in Cusco.
Check Availability and Book
Machu Picchu and Sacred Valley Tour Itinerary
Day 1: Cusco, Chincheros, Moray, Salineras, Ollantaytambo, Train to Aguas Calientes.
We start from Cusco at 06.30 am driving for 40 minutes to arrive and visit Chincheros Inca town, a beautiful Andean town with impressive archaeological sites and a colonial church constructed on the XVII century, afterward, we continue to Moray to explore the famous Incas Agriculture and Farming Laboratory, Greenhouse Effect. The Andean people used these circular terraces at Moray, west of Cusco, like an Agricultural -research station. By a freak of climate and terrain, the average temperature on the lower terraces is much cooler than on the higher ones, very impressive then we return to Maras the little Andean town with unique landscapes, then we continue toward the Salineras ancient salt mine where local families are processing the salt with traditional techniques.
Our next stop is Urubamba, where we’ll arrive around midday. In this quiet place, you’ll have the opportunity to enjoy some of the best Peruvian food in a buffet lunch in a nice restaurant. The last archaeological desnaon of the tour is 30 minutes from Urubamba in Ollantaytambo. This site was built from pink granite rocks and is another impressive example of Inca engineering. Here you’ll be able to appreciate the second-largest Inca stone preserved to date (90 tons), which was used as part of the Temple of the Sun. You’ll discover all the secrets of Ollantaytambo on a guided tour of this fascinang place.
Later, we’ll go to the train staon where you’ll board the Train heading to Aguas Calientes. During the trip, you’ll see prey glaciers and snowy peaks, as well as ferle green valleys and Inca agricultural plaorms on both sides of the valley. Once in Aguas Calientes, you’ll head to your hotel to check in. You’ll have some free me to unwind this aernoon. An unbeatable way to relax is to visit the hot springs of Aguas Calientes. In the evening, you’ll get to enjoy a delicious dinner in the best restaurant before heading to bed for the night.
- Full day Tour Cusco: Sacred Valley.
- Duration Tour: 8 Hours.
- Places we will Visit: Chinchero, Maras salt ponds, Moray, Ollantaytambo.
- Hiking distance: 3 km / 1.8 miles
- Hiking time: 2½ to 3 hour approximately.
- Shuttle to Aguas Calientes: 2 hours by train from Aguas Calientes.
- Climate: hot in the day and warm in the night.
- Acomodation: Hostel.
- Meals: Lunch.
- Maximum Altitude: 4200 masl / 13779 ft.
- Minimum Altitude: 2954 masl / 9694 ft.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes, Machu Picchu guided tour, afternoon train return to Cusco.
We’ll wake you up very early to enjoy your breakfast without being rushed at 5:00 am. This way, we can board one of the first buses that leave for Machu Picchu (2,430 m / 7,972 ). This means you’ll beat the large crowds and get to enjoy the complex in peace as the sun comes up and casts a stunning orange glow over the huge stones. At the entrance to the Inca city, you must show your entry cket and your passport. If you’re a student, you must carry your student card with you. You won’t be allowed inside without these. Feel the powerful energy of this fantasc archaeological site as soon as you enter.
You’ll feel the happiness of observing how the golden light of the sun gradually covers all the corners of Machu Picchu. Learn all its secrets and mysteries during a guided tour, where you’ll also learn a lot about its history and local flora and fauna. Our guide will take you for approximately two hours through the most significant areas. If you choose to climb Huayna Picchu Mountain or Machu Picchu Mountain, addional entrance fees are required. Then, you will return to Aguas Calientes by bus.
In Aguas Calientes, you’ll find a place to have lunch and then board the Expedion Train heading to Ollantaytambo. From there, you’ll travel to Cusco in our private transport. We’ll drop you off at the door of your accommodaon. The me of your arrival will depend on the me of your train cket
- Distance Travelled: 3 Km. / 1.8 mile
- Machu Picchu guided tour: 2½ hour.
- Climate: tropical warm.
- Shuttle to Cusco: 4 hours by train and bus from Aguas Calientes to Cusco.
- Meals: Breakfast.
- Maximum Altitude: 2429 masl / 7972 ft.
- Minimum Altitude: 2040 masl / 6692 ft.
- transportation for Sacred Valley of the Incas
- transportation from the train station (Ollantaytambo) to your hotel in Cusco.
- Sacred Valley and Machu picchu Tour guide.
- Sacred Valley Buffet Lunch
- One night hotel in Machu Picchu Pueblo
- Bus tickets up and down in Machu Picchu Pueblo.
- Machu Picchu entrance ticket.
- Entrance ticket to visited places in the Sacred Valley.
- Round trip train tickets
- Admission fees for Huaynapicchu. (Selecting this option incurs an additional cost of $65 USD on top of the base price.)
- Entrance fees for Machu Picchu Mountain. (Opting for this entrance will result in an additional charge of $65 USD in addition to the standard fee.)
- Bus ticket from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes on the second day.
- Lunch on the final day in Aguas Calientes.
- Supplementary horse (if needed).
- Tipping or gratuities.
- Original Passport
- Day pack
- Water, we recommend you 2 liters of water but you can also buy on the way
- Snacks like, apple, cereal bar, sweets and chocolates.
- Sun cream
- Mosquito repellent
- Rain poncho
- Cash in soles for your extra expenses such meals, water, etc.