Here’s a sample itinerary for spending 2 days in Sacred Valley:
- Start your day with a visit to the town of Pisac, which is known for its traditional market where you can find local crafts, textiles, and produce.
- Next, head to the Pisac Ruins, which are located on a hilltop above the town. The ruins offer stunning views of the surrounding valley, and you can see terraced farming and Incan structures.
- Visit the town of Ollantaytambo and explore the Incan fortress there. You can climb up the terraces and see the impressive stonework and architecture.
- Check in to your hotel in Sacred Valley and enjoy the amenities.
- Take a tour of the Maras Salt Mines, which are thousands of small salt pools that have been used since Incan times. The pools create a beautiful patchwork effect and are an incredible sight to see.
- Visit the Moray Archaeological Site, which features several circular terraces built into a natural depression in the earth. It’s believed that the Incas used these terraces for agricultural experiments and to test crops.
- If time allows, visit the town of Chinchero, which has a beautiful church and Incan ruins.
- Enjoy a relaxing dinner at one of the many restaurants in Sacred Valley and soak in the peaceful atmosphere.
This itinerary provides a good overview of some of the highlights of Sacred Valley, but there are many other sites and activities to explore in the region depending on your interests and schedule.