Machu Picchu Tour 2 Days
Quick view of the activity
This is a little known option to get to Machu Picchu, a BUS TRIP TO MACHU PICCHU, which normally requires a minimum of 2 days, If you are short on time in Cusco or are not up for long 4 or 5 day treks, or perhaps you are planning to explore other Cusco attractions without breaking the bank on expensive train tickets to this wonder, you have come to the right place!
We will guide you and coordinate your bus trip to Machu Picchu efficiently and at a reasonable cost, making it feel like you are planning it yourself but with much more convenience.
- This 2-day excursion to Machu Picchu by bus is organized by Sap Adventures, a local tour operator based in Cusco.
- Our tour has a minimum of 15 to 20 participants.
- Sap Adventures is a pragmatic, punctual and reliable travel company that provides a warm welcome to both individuals and groups. Feel free to read our reviews on Trip Advisor.
- Our tour guides pride themselves on keeping up to date and continually improving your experience through an extensive ongoing professional development program. We are passionate about showcasing the captivating and extraordinary nature of Machu Picchu.
- We prioritize timely payment to our guides and drivers, disbursing their salaries immediately upon completion of their assignments.
- Our prices are competitive and reflect local rates.
- Our booking process is fast and efficient.
USD120.00 per person
Book now and complete the balance upon arrival in Cusco.
Check Availability and Book
Day 1: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Hydroelectric – Aguas Calientes.
The first day of the bus tour to Machupicchu begins with pick up between 6:30 and 7:00 a.m. to leave Cusco and embark on a 6.5 hour trip.
During the trip to Hidroeléctrica, we will make two stops. The first one will be in Ollantaytambo (20 to 30 minutes), where you will have the option to have breakfast, rest, use the restrooms, buy water and/or snacks.
Then, we will ascend to Abra Malaga, from where you can enjoy beautiful landscapes of the high Andean zone with snow-capped peaks. Then we will descend to the high jungle, passing through villages like Santa Maria and Santa Teresa, arriving at Hidroelectrica where we will make our last stop and have lunch.
After lunch we prepare for a two and a half hour hike (mostly flat) to reach Aguas Calientes (the town of Machupicchu).
From Hidroeléctrica, you will also have the option of taking a train (25 minutes) if you do not wish to walk, but this has an additional cost of US$ 45 (95% of people choose to walk).
Upon arrival in Aguas Calientes and after settling into your accommodation, you will have a short free time to rest or visit the hot springs (entrance fee S/20).
Then, we will enjoy dinner and at the end, you will receive all the instructions for the next day (accommodation).
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Hydroelectric – Cusco.
The second day of the bus tour to Machu Picchu starts very early (5:00 am).
Ascent to the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu:
We get ready to start our ascent to Machupicchu, which will take us approximately one hour and 40 minutes to reach Machupicchu.
You also have the option of taking a bus to the archaeological center of Machupicchu (25 minutes, cost US$ 12).
The first bus leaves at 5:30 am Upon arrival at the gate of Machupicchu, we will meet with the guide and the group to begin the tour.
We will spend approximately two and a half to three hours receiving information from our guide, exploring the main parts of the citadel, such as the Temple of the Sun, the House of the Inca, the Water Mirror Zone, the Temple of the Condor, the Main Plaza, Intiwatana and other places of great importance.
You will also have time to take pictures and explore Machu Picchu on your own until 11:00 am (total stay in the park is 3 to 4 hours).
End of the visit to Machu Picchu, return to Cusco by Bus:
Then, we will walk back to Hidroeléctrica (3 hours), where we will take our bus (departure at 14:00 hrs) to return to Cusco (approximate arrival at 21:00 hrs).
- Briefing: One day before the tour, we offer a briefing at the Sap Adventurtes Office, where we provide essential details and deliver all the necessary tickets for the tour.
- Tourist transportation: We make the transfer from Cusco to Hidroeléctrica and return in minibuses with capacity for 15 or 20 people, equipped with first aid kit (Renault – Master or Mercedes Benz – Sprinter).
- Meals: We include 01 lunch and 01 dinner on the first day, served in tourist restaurants.
- Lodging: We offer private rooms with bathroom, hot water, wifi.
Entrance ticket to Machupicchu: For this tour we include the circuit “Llacta Machu Picchu”, which allows you to see most of the citadel and get the classic photo.
- Professional Guide: We have professional English and Spanish speaking guides.
- 2-hour guided tour: You will have a 2 hours guided tour explained by our guide.
- Food not specified.
- Train Alternative: We offer the option of taking the train from Hidroeléctrica to Aguas Calientes and vice versa (US$ 45 per leg), although most of the group chooses to walk.
- Bus Alternative: We also offer the option of taking the bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu and back (US$ 12 each way), but most of the group prefers to walk.
Packing List for Machu Picchu Tour by Bus 2 day
- Tickets that will be provided during the informative talk one day before the tour.
- Identity card (required for entrance to Machupicchu).
- Small backpack up to 30 liters (the rest of the luggage can be stored in the hotel you have booked in Cusco or in our office).
- Additional money in local currency (soles) for the purchase of water, snacks and additional expenses.
- Insect repellent.
- Bottles of water and snacks (you can also buy them on the road).
- Raincoat or waterproof clothing (the weather is quite variable, it is better to be prepared).
- Comfortable clothes, a little warm, as temperatures are usually cooler in the morning and afternoon.
- Comfortable shoes.