Mountain Lodges of Peru Salkantay Trek
The Salkantay Trek in Peru is a popular alternative to the classic Inca Trail, and it offers stunning mountain views and a variety of landscapes. There are several mountain lodges along the Salkantay Trek that offer comfortable accommodations, delicious meals, and breathtaking views.
Here are some of the popular mountain lodges on the Salkantay Trek in Peru:
- Salkantay Lodge: Located at 12,690 feet above sea level, the Salkantay Lodge is the first and largest of the mountain lodges along the trek. It offers comfortable rooms, hot showers, and a cozy dining area with a fireplace.
- Wayra Lodge: The Wayra Lodge is located at 12,812 feet above sea level, and it offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains. The lodge features a sauna and an outdoor hot tub, perfect for relaxing after a day of hiking.
- Colpa Lodge: The Colpa Lodge is located at 9,414 feet above sea level, and it is surrounded by lush vegetation and a nearby river. The lodge features a beautiful garden and a hot tub, perfect for soaking in the stunning mountain views.
- Lucma Lodge: The Lucma Lodge is located at 7,005 feet above sea level, and it is surrounded by fruit trees and vegetable gardens. The lodge features a solar-powered hot tub, perfect for enjoying the mountain views while soaking in warm water.
- Aguas Calientes Lodge: The Aguas Calientes Lodge is located in the town of Aguas Calientes, which is the gateway to Machu Picchu. The lodge features comfortable rooms, hot showers, and a restaurant serving delicious Peruvian cuisine.
These mountain lodges along the Salkantay Trek offer a unique and comfortable experience for hikers, with breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and landscapes.