Best Restaurants Sacred Valley
Absolutely! Peru is renowned for its delicious cuisine, and the Sacred Valley is no exception. This picturesque region is home to some of the country’s best restaurants, where you can sample the traditional dishes made with locally sourced ingredients. Here are some of the best restaurants in the Sacred Valley that you shouldn’t miss during your visit.
- El Huacatay – This charming restaurant is located in the town of Urubamba and is a must-visit for anyone looking for an authentic Peruvian dining experience. The menu is filled with traditional dishes such as lomo saltado (stir-fried beef), ceviche, and ají de gallina (chicken in creamy chili sauce). The ingredients are sourced from the restaurant’s own organic garden, ensuring that every dish is fresh and flavorful.
- Mil – This award-winning restaurant is located in the heart of the Sacred Valley and is known for its innovative take on traditional Peruvian cuisine. The tasting menu changes regularly, featuring dishes such as quinoa risotto with Andean cheese and guinea pig confit with purple corn. The restaurant’s stunning setting, with panoramic views of the surrounding mountains, only adds to the dining experience.
- Killa Wasi – This family-run restaurant in the town of Ollantaytambo serves up delicious Peruvian comfort food. The menu includes dishes such as alpaca steak, trout ceviche, and quinoa soup. The cozy interior, with its stone walls and colorful textiles, creates a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
- Huayoccari – This restaurant is located on a beautiful estate outside of Urubamba and offers both a tasting menu and à la carte options. The dishes are made using traditional techniques and feature ingredients sourced from the estate’s own farm. The outdoor terrace offers stunning views of the valley and is the perfect place to enjoy a leisurely lunch.
- Chuncho – This restaurant, located in the town of Pisac, is known for its wood-fired oven and grill, which is used to prepare dishes such as roasted chicken, trout, and lamb. The menu also includes a range of vegetarian options, such as quinoa salad and grilled vegetables. The cozy interior and friendly service make this a great spot for a casual meal.
Whether you’re a foodie or just looking for a delicious meal, the restaurants in the Sacred Valley are sure to satisfy your taste buds. From traditional Peruvian cuisine to innovative takes on local ingredients, these restaurants offer a culinary experience that you won’t forget.